Thursday, January 15, 2009

जाड़ा

I was rummaging through my old papers a couple of days back, when I came across one I wrote in December 1991. It is about winters, seen from three different perspectives.। I thought it might be relevant to share it with you now, while the famous "Dilli ki sardi"is here:
एक
जाड़ा
सिमटा सिमटा, सकपकाया सा,
घूमता बाहर कोठी के दालान में,
एयर-कंडीशनरों से, और शनील की रजाइयों से बचता बचाता,
शाम को इम्पोर्टेड व्हिस्की से लड़ने को प्रत्यनरत
खिड़कियों में ही अटका,
अन्दर आ पाने को बे-चैन यहाँ पर जाड़ा!
दो
जाड़ा
खुशनुमा
सुनाई पड़ता मूंग-फली के टूटे छिलकों में,
चिपटा गुढ की पापडी में,
पसरा हुआ आँगन ही की धुप ही के साथ
दादी माँ के चश्में में मुंह चिडाता,
शाम को, रसोई के अलाव के बाहर,
चाय के कप पर
भाप का बादल बन कर
उड़ता सा आ जाता है, जाड़ा
तीन
जाड़ा,
भयावह
ठंडी सड़कों पर पड़ा गुर्राता,
और कातर, नंगी एडियों को नोचता, खसोटता,
झपट पड़ता, पागल कुत्ते सा,
टूटे दरवाजे से, खिड़की की झिर्री से,
पैबंद लगे कपडों से आकर
नंगे, भूखे शरीरों को नोच खाता हैं
जाड़ा
I invite your comments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three phases of winter, beautifully expressed. It felt as if I am experiencing the second phase of it right now. Wow!, Nice expression.

Rahul Gaur said...

Thanks a lot, my anonymous reader. The completely laid back feel of Phase-II is almost extinct these days. You are lucky!

ashish gaur said...

Judicious and beautifull use of words to describe the Winter.Ur Poem is a mirror of your inner feelings.
G8 piece of work
,simple,short,to the point and appropriate.

Rahul Gaur said...

Wow, I am floored.Thanks ashish

Yash said...

acchi kavita thi ! so ..... looking for an new kavita ???

Yash said...

acchi kavita thi ! so ..... looking for an new kavita ???

Sunil Bhardwaj said...

Nice One!

Bahut Zadi Kavita hai !

Related Posts with Thumbnails