Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hit Morning with Sarthak

I was recently at the Delhi studios of Hit 95FM radio to participate in a live game-show with their star RJ Sarthak.
" Hit Mornings" is their morning show which I listen to regularly, and it is because I love listening to Sarthak and really respect him for his skills.
Oratory skills are of course a given in an RJ. Still, I rarely find people these days equally proficient in Hindi and English. Not only proficient, but respectful towards both the languages. Oh, how I cringe when I listen to grammatically bad English and even worse Hindi, spoken almost contemptuously.
And then, his decency and respect towards the listeners. His treatment of the phone-in listeners (incidentally, Hit 95FM has an impressive listener participation) shows it is not necessary to be irreverent and crass if you want to have fun.
But a voice is, after all, a voice. So I was frankly a bit apprehensive before meeting the person behind it. To my pleasant surprise, however, I was not at all disappointed. He is as graceful and decent as he sounds over the radio. During the time we were together inside the studio, he made us (me and my son Yash) comfortable, and at the end, he generously came out and saw us off at the elevators. And of course we were shown that famous Chinese Bhompoo, the ghanti et al. A thoroughly pleasant experience it was. Sarthak is entitled to a little more than "ghamand".
While thanking Sarthak and wishing him all the very best, I share with you a couple of photos:


3 comments:

Rajeev Nawani said...

Arey miaan, woh sab to theek hai, magar tum wahan karney kya gaye thaey ? Kaunsa competition aour kya anjaam raha ?

Rahul Gaur said...

Sir, nothing remotely intellectual, I'm afraid. It was to participate in a Live Fact-or-Fart competition.
Of course, I lost :-) But still have been promised vouchers by the sponsors.

rahul gupta,udaipur said...

good...yash is looking smarter than u both

Related Posts with Thumbnails